NewFoss is known for its pragmatic and efficient approach, and clear language. We want to inform you clearly and efficiently about how we process your personal data. NewFoss handles your personal data in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
To whom does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to everyone for whom NewFoss processes personal data.
An overview of the most important categories is listed below:
- visitors to our website;
- NewFoss’s clients (and their employees);
- recipients of NewFoss newsletters and other mailings;
- NewFoss’s prospects;
- people involved in legal proceedings or a transaction in which NewFoss acts as
lawyer, civil-law notary or tax adviser;
- suppliers (and their employees);
- third parties that communicate with NewFoss;
What personal data does NewFoss process?
NewFoss processes personal data that you have provided to us, personal data generated during your visit to our website and while reading newsletters, and personal data we have derived from other sources.
Provided to NewFoss by you:
- Contact details and other personal data that are necessary for handling your case;
- Personal data you provide to NewFoss in the context of events, seminars, meetings and newsletters for which you have registered.
Personal data received via our website:
- Data concerning your visit to our website;
- Data concerning the device you used to visit our website, for example your IP address;
- Your surfing behaviour and interests
Personal data received from other sources:
- Personal data received from public online sources such as company websites and social media platforms such as LinkedIn;
- Personal data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce or the Land Registry;
- Other personal data relating to you that we obtained in handling cases via (inter alia) clients and counterparties.
Why does NewFoss process your personal data?
NewFoss uses your personal data for several purposes:
- To provide legal and tax services performed by our lawyers, civil-law notaries or tax advisers for our clients;
- To comply with our statutory obligations, such as retention obligations, obligations under the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme, WWFT) and the Civil-Law Notaries Act (Wet op het notarisambt);
- To contact and communicate with you;
- To perform marketing activities, such as sending newsletters and other forms of marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To secure, use and improve our website.
- To improve the quality of our services;
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
The protection of your data
NewFoss has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. People who have access to your data or files on NewFoss’s behalf have a duty of confidentiality, inter alia on the basis of the rules of conduct and rules of professional practice applicable to them. NewFoss uses technological and operational security standards that are generally accepted in the sector in order to protect personal data from being lost, misused, altered or destroyed. If you have any questions about the protection of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us via info@NewFoss.com or +31(0)85 485 35 70.
Engaging third parties/ sharing data with third parties
In certain cases it may be necessary for NewFoss to give third parties access to personal data. A non-exhaustive overview is provided below:
- Third parties that are relevant to the legal services we provide, such as counterparties, local lawyers, courts, regulatory authorities and government institutions;
- Third parties, such as regulators and other organisations, in order to comply with our statutory obligations;
- External suppliers in connection with the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as ICT suppliers, suppliers of communication services or other suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services.
The transfer of your personal data to the abovementioned third parties will only take place for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement.
Third parties to whom we provide your personal data may themselves be responsible for complying with privacy legislation. NewFoss is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a Processor of NewFoss and therefore acts at the request and on the instructions of NewFoss, NewFoss concludes a processing agreement with such third party which meets the requirements set out in the Regulation.
Data outside the European Union
In order to provide our services, it may be necessary for NewFoss to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Union. In that case NewFoss ensures that such data transfer is in accordance with the Regulation.
Purposes for the processing of personal data
NewFoss may process personal data for a number of purposes. The data processing may be necessary to perform a contract for the provision of legal services or to comply with a statutory requirement. In some cases we will ask for your explicit consent, for example for the use of certain cookies, or, if you are not a client, for receiving commercial communications.
Data may also be processed in connection with a justified interest of NewFoss, for example for the purpose of internal administration, effective communications, quality improvement or direct marketing for clients and active contacts of NewFoss. In the latter case, an opt-out is always offered.
NEWFOSS will not retain your personal data any longer than is necessary for achieving the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or for complying with statutory retention periods.
You have the right to ask NewFoss to correct, supplement, delete or block your personal data if it is incomplete, incorrect or is being processed in contravention of any statutory provision. You also have the right to request NewFoss to inform you of any personal data it holds relating to you. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, emails or invitations to seminars, you can unsubscribe at any time and at no cost via info@NewFoss.com.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. NewFoss will discontinue the processing if it is required by law to do so. NewFoss will continue with the processing if there are justified imperative grounds to do so that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or that are related to bringing, exercising or substantiating a legal action.
At NewFoss we attach great value to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our customers with the services we provide. That is why we regularly survey customer satisfaction levels and use the results to further improve our services. If you feel that aspects of our services could be improved, please bring it to the attention of your lawyer or civil-law notary. We will take all the steps necessary to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. If you still feel the matter has not been resolved, you can use our complaints procedure. For more information on this option, please contact us via info@NewFoss.com.
In addition, you have at all times the right and the option to submit a complaint about NewFoss’s processing of personal data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Statement is subject to change
NewFoss reserves the right to amend or alter this Privacy Statement if, for example, there are changes to the processing or if legislation changes. If there are substantial changes, NewFoss will notify you of this. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to create any obligation or cause any agreement to be concluded between NewFoss and any visitor to this Internet site or to provide any information in that context.
We may use these tools to trace information on our systems and to identify certain categories of users on the basis of items such as IP address, domain, browser type and pages visited. This information is passed on to our webmasters, who use it to analyse the number of visitors to the various parts of the website and to guarantee that our website acts as a useful and effective source of information.
Use of Google Analytics
NewFoss uses Google Analytics to obtain insight into, inter alia, visitor flows, traffic sources and page views on our website. This means that Google acts as Processor in NewFoss’s processing of personal data. NewFoss has concluded a Processing Agreement with Google for this purpose.
Information collected with Google Analytics is anonymised to the extent possible. For example, NewFoss does not have detailed insight into individual visitor details. Google will never process your full IP address and always masks the final octet of your IP address.